Friday, February 13, 2009

Hit and Miss

Thats what my blogging has been like lately... So I apologize to my loyal readers. It has been 6 months since i have posted, and there has been a ton going on with me. So here are the bullets of the last 6 months.

  • Injury, pliriformis syndrome took me off the bike from October till January 15thish.
  • Medical problems... long story involving a small outpatient surgery mid Jan.
  • Started "lightly" training towards the end of Jan.
The riding has been spotty up until the last few weeks. I have been swimming (therapy for the pliriformis) and running to cross train. There are rumors floating around locally that I may show up to a few spring sprint trialthlons so all of the local tri "stars" are nervous and keep emailing me asking if its true :)

The past two days I put together some nice workouts Yesterday I did 2x20:00 at 95% of FTP, felt great so today I went out and threw down 60:00 at 95% of FTP.. much tougher for sure but i did it and i felt good. I suspect that FTP has already made that early spring "leap" of about 20 watts that is the norm for me when i climb back on the bike for yet another racing season.

We may be headed to the beach next week for 4-5 days and do 2-a-days for a nice little spring trainig camp. We will see!

Ill try to be more consistent with my postings this year. Healty Day!

No comments: