Saturday, January 27, 2007

Off to Disney

After being sick for almost two weeks, my cold turned into a sinus infection and then a full blown ear infection, I am almost healed. I was too stubborn to start an antibiotic until 3 days ago so it just kept getting worse. I also tried to keep training through it all and it wasn't until I kept crashing my bike due to a lack of balance from the ear infection, that i finally gave in and took the danged ole pills.

After I venture outside today for my first outside ride in 4 days, we are packing up the car and headed south to Disney World. Alex cant wait, its all she has been talking about for weeks. It will be nice for us to have a change of pace as well.

After nearly 3 weeks of semi-off/off from training, I should be well rested and looking to make up for lost time when we return on the 4th. Its a good thing because February is packed. I have MOB Team training camp the 16th-18th and then the PCC training camp the 19th-24th, ending with 2 days of racing. It will be the highest training load of the year for me, cant wait!

So, the moral of the story is I should have practiced what I preach, as far as taking it easy when sick, and healing before making a return to full blown training. I also learned that an ear infection sucks to say the least.

Have a good week, I will be thinking about you all, especially all of you in the -30 degree NE!

1 comment:

Charles said...

Disney World? Did you bring your bike? Are you going to be doing repeats up parking garage ramps? Maybe a little off-road biking through the Epcot Center? Have a good time. Yep, I'm now a member of this blog-a-thon.